Sunday, September 17, 2023

Halloween decorating remains a slow process this year.  Many of the outdoor items have been set up - minus lights etc.  The outdoor items all came upstairs last weekend and now they're out of the big boxes and cluttering the whole dining room, but not much is "in place".  I don't know why I am not feeling the enthusiasm this year.

Friday evening Avery and I headed to the Oktoberfest celebration in town where she got to ride and play with her bestie and another friend from PreK.  Saturday I slept in a bit but forced myself up to head to the consignment sale at the fair grounds.  It is the "lesser" of the two that come 2x a year (in my opinion).  We only found one item - but it is quite the score -- the Halloween costume that Avery has been indicating she wants (since the day after Halloween last year). Best part?  It was $3, on half off day, so $1.50.  Spirit and Party City haven't had it, so I feel like it is an extra big score.

Also on Friday our foster Cupcake left for her new family; well, foster to adopt if all goes well.  Part of my Saturday was spent cleaning the foster room up to move the newest baby, who we have named Barnabas Collins.  Then I cleaned the bathroom he was in so Avery could return there and most of my bathroom (not my sink - I should have done that today, but didn't get to it).  I was taking benedryl yesterday (which makes me want to fall asleep) to combat allergy issues.  So while I did get some stuff done I also sat more than I wanted.  At least I didn't give into the nap temptation.

This morning catechism class started.  This means my typical Sunday morning has changed.  We can no longer go to the 9am mass at the church Avery prefers.  Instead we have to get up early (ick) and go to 7:30 - which I can't see happening, or we go after to the 11am.  Today's 11am was long.  We got home at 12:30, so half of my day was gone.  We went out for a late lunch and to hit a few places as an excuse to head a bit north, where I had to snag dewormer for Barnabas.

No comments: