Saturday, August 26, 2023

The first two days of Kindergarten are in the books.  She was confident boarding the bus and all went well there.  The good news for me is hat it gets me started with my work day a few minutes earlier than I previously started (without needing to go anywhere which is a bonus).  When she gets home she can sit at the TV or table to decompress while I get a last 20-30 minutes in.  Yes, I am able to end my day a bit earlier too if I am not swamped.

I am on an upswing with MacBids.  I may have reported getting a few deals and a few busted up things in the past. This week's scores included like new vacuums (I threw the my basement one away last week as it smells like it was starting to burn up and the upstairs one is kind of crappy) and a ride on toy for the kiddo.  The ride on came w/o a battery or charger, but we can snag that for 70-80$.  All told $100 for a $300 item seems pretty good to me.  She didn't get a ton for her birthday, so we'll call it a birthday gift.  I REALLY need to get the little kid stuff out of my newly arranged garage now to make room to park her little 4 wheeler.

The other thing to note here is that our Saffy is really not doing well the past few days.  By my count she is coming up on 16 and has been thin/frail with hip/back leg weakness for a while, so this isn't surprising but still far from desired.  She is refusing to eat even with a bowl of moist food, sleeping even more than normal (I had to make her get up around 9am this morning to go outside - but it could be the pain meds she got at bed time last night too), and needing the strap/assistance to make the stairs. I'm worried about her.  It's probably overdue, but I guess I will pull out a pee pad - not that she's been trained to use them, but a gal can hope that she might use it if the need/urge comes, right?

No comments: