Monday, August 28, 2023

I was up in the middle of the night to the smell of poo - and a bit thinner than normal, so even more annoying to clean up... but still this is a good thing.  Her body is still doing it's job and producing.  Today I called the vet once I thought I could get through it without crying... I did not get  through it without crying.  Because we did bloodwork earlier this year the vet was willing to prescribe a few things without seeing her.

I snagged her three meds after work (an appetite stimulant, an anticonvulsant/neuropathic pain med, and a nsaid).Within a few hours of the appetite stimulant she was ready to eat when I presented a bowl of moist food.  I had put extra water in to try and get more fluids in there.  I did stop her midway and allowed her the rest about 2 hours later -- I didn't want her throwing it up or having other issues after not wanting to eat for a few days.  So far everything has stayed down. Hopefully we can make a productive trip out before bed tonight to avoid any other mess.

As for the pee pad - the cat likes to chew plastic, so that didn't work out so well.  Maybe I'll toss down some of the old dog towels in the most likely to be soiled path.

It isn't a cure, there isn't one, and I have to remind myself of that; but I was so happy to see her eat.

No comments: