Saturday, January 28, 2023

Saffy had her yearly visit to the vet.  She has elevated white blood cells and a slightly high SDMA kidney result.  As such, I was outside with her first thing this morning to collect pee.  It went better than I expected, I will say that much, and we dropped it off today for analysis.

She has gone through spurts of pee accidents, like 2 or 3x in a short period of time and then nothing for a while.  She has also been pooping quite easily in the house, even right after having been outside.  I assumed she was just slipping a bit and getting old.

I am hoping we'll hear that she has a slight UTI.  That is pretty straigthforward to deal with and may even explain some of the other issues.  You know how UTIs really mess with older people, almost making them act as if they have Alzheimers?  I wonder if that happens w/ dogs too.  Say a prayer for Saffy, we do not want this to be the start of kidney disease or even cancer.

No comments: