Monday, December 12, 2022

The first round of meds are complete.  I need to do another deep sanitize.  Vader's poo seems to have become less fluid-like, so that's a move in the right direction.

This weekend we got our Christmas cookies made - chocolate chip, no bakes, and pizzelles this year.  Not that I need cookies at the house.  Some have been packaged to go to a vendor event with the cat rescue.  I'm really glad I snagged several dozen of eggs two weeks ago before the prices took another leap up; pizzelles take a dozen after all.

Most of the gifts are bought, still a few more to figure out.  Several haven't arrived yet.  The gifts that were here at the end of last week are wrapped and under the tree -- except for Avery's, I will need a window of time while she is at school to achieve that.

I have to admit to myself that the pace at which I was paying off the house cannot continue thanks to the increases in everything.  Gas, electric, food like crazy, cat and dog food like crazy, even the HOA is nickel and diming for another $1 a month (despite not having the yearly meetings they're supposed to have).  I'm blessed either way.  It's just that when you are forcing your checking account to run on thin margins after boosting payments and savings you can see quite clearly where things start to go crazy.


No comments: