Sunday, July 03, 2022

More proof I am an idiot with no capacity to keep things straight when under duress.  Today the kid and her dad were ready to go before I was.  In my haste to get out the door I blew it and once again Saffy was left outside.  Dangit, if she would just come in straight away when she's done.  Nope, it's my fault, I can't even say that.  I'm a jerk and an idiot.

Not only did she get left out, but the kid came to mow -- so the gate was open.  Imagine my surprise when I come home and cannot find her ANYWHERE in the house.  Long story short the telephone number on her collar worked and a guy down the road had her, so I was able to quickly pick her up (but not before someone posted her pictures on FB to help him find me).  I mean, I know that's a good thing... but I am so embarrassed and ashamed to screw up like that.  I would have been completely devastated if something had happened to her.  There is no excuse for screwing up like that.

If you recall the last time I screwed up with regard to Saf being outside was the day I went to pick up Zero.  There must be something about other critters or rescue related stuff that causes me to loose my mind.  One of the things we were out to do today was to drop some donations I picked up from a local donor to the folks from Merlin's (where Church came from).

I'm going to go ahead upstairs and continue in my embarrassment. I'll prb also have a nightmare or two as a result.

I will try to end on a good note and state that I spotted the first halloween goodies for sale out in the wild today.

No comments: