Monday, May 02, 2022

At last I have 3 sweet 100, 1 sun sweet orange, and a 1 roma tomato plants.  I got them into the pots on Saturday night.  I am hurrying to type "have" instead of "had" because of the crazy-ass dog.  I may need to bring them up on the deck so I can keep a better eye, at least until they're larger -- but that definitely makes watering a bit more complicated.

I did have the buckets up on the retaining wall to keep them out of reach of said crazy-ass dog.  But when the rains came in on Sunday I wanted them under cover (under the deck).  I did set up chairs and a small barrier around them in an attempt to deter.  This morning I went out and saw the sun sweet orange was plucked from the bucket.  I knew it wasn't a rabbit or other animal... I know who is to blame.  So I searched the yard and found it half decimated.  It is back in the pot, but my hopes are low.  Thanks for eating the equivalent of a $5 bill crazy-ass.

I never did get anything else planted.  The onions and chives I attempted to grow died off.  It is most definitely too late to start anything else from seed.

As of yesterday the cat no longer wants to leave his room and will jump out of my arms in order to stay upstairs.  I have no idea what happened that I missed... but I am none to pleased and can only assume that the crazy-ass dog did something that now has Church leery.  He is still walking with his tail straight up and looking confident, he is willing to play and remains lovey with me -- so I at least don't think it is that he isn't feeling well.

On Friday morning Saffy had me up in the wee hours to the sound of vomiting and again an hour later.  They say nothing gets you out of bed faster, but I still wasn't quick enough and had to clean up a spot on the carpet both times.  I was half asleep when the third round began a mere half an hour before my alarm was set to go off, so I managed to jump up in time.  At that point I decided to stay up -- and fortunately that was the end of the issues.

No comments: