Tuesday, September 07, 2021

This long weekend was extra necessary after 3 days of Avery being home w/ the daycare closed due to another parent testing positive.  Today she returned, along w/ the dictator's rules to wear masks.  I hate this for her.

We did some more Halloween hunting and more decorating.  At this point I have lights up on the front/downstairs windows and a few more things "in place".  The cat was interested in the lights as they went up, so I am keeping fingers crossed he won't find them to be a toy overnight.

We also had a couple of gatherings this weekend.  The first was for a birthday party for Avery's bestie.  The second was for family.  My favorite egg's family gathered to meet his sister's fiance.  Unfortunately he couldn't come with, yup -- he was exposed last week too! -- but Avery and I had a nice time visiting.

I have to admit, I lost my sh*t a bit this morning on someone who didn't deserve it.  The dentist's office brings me anxiety to being with.  When they email and call incessantly to remind me of an appointment it agitates me.  You're in my calendar... I got it.  It's another one of those places that wants you to click links and to call back.  They also threaten to charge you if you don't cancel at least 48 hours in advance.  Why then are you calling me again TODAY, the day before my appointment saying I HAVE TO call you back by 12:30.  SERIOUSLY.  I called, pissed.  I'll be there - stop calling, stop emailing.  If I don't show, bill me your 'fee'.  I don't have time for it.  You shouldn't waste your staff's time making such calls either.

No comments: