Thursday, September 02, 2021

I mustered motivation and brought the Halloween decorations upstairs.  When I got up to start carrying things I thought it was just going to be a carry and done... but I got to work and put out a relatively large portion of items indoors.  It is spooky season, after all, right?  The good news is that despite the number of things I have already purchased this year, I still don't feel over run.

Wednesday morning I woke up to a text that daycare was closed.  Yup, another parent w/ a positive test.  Later that day the call came - daycare is closed for the rest of the week.  We're trying to make the best of it. Avery is old enough that she is almost thoroughly entranced with TV and her tablet if I allow it.  The only challenge is she wants someone to sit with her, so she was coming in to me or asking for my presence.

I reached out on the community FB page and had a teen come on Wednesday afternoon to sit with her and that made her happy.  I wish she had engaged and tried to get her to play etc, but, eh.  That was only an option because the local school district was closed due to the heavy rains and flooding on Wednesday.  Today we ran out for lunch together and picked up a grocery order midday before returning and her Dad coming to entertain her while I worked in the afternoon.  As such, I am not too far behind on hours for the week thus far.

Don't get me wrong, I have the vacation time to use if need be -- but I suspect we'll need it more in coming weeks, so I don't want to burn it if I don't have to. Yes, I think there will be another lockdown and closed schools/daycares.  The beatings will continue until morale improves.

No comments: