Sunday, August 29, 2021

I wanted to get the dining room wall of photos completed this weekend, but I didn't touch it.  This is my precursor to getting the Halloween decorations out, so...I need to get in gear. Instead, today I managed to get a nap - sorry, not sorry. I was up pretty early.  Before Avery got up I went downstairs to tidy the canned goods etc and assess what all I have.  Yes, I firmly believe you need to stock up if you haven't already.

I got some thank you cards written out, so that's something, right?

Saturday was consumed by a trip to meet up with Avery's Nonna at The Friendly Stem in Irwin.  It is ran/owned by friends of hers.  They don't normally allow children, but we went at the end of normal hours as family/friends type guests.  So I have another beautiful bouquet here.  She was also kind enough to allow us to gather from her garden rather than seeing things rot on the vine.  So today we had BLTs with fresh tomatoes and there are other goodies waiting for us to grub.

Tonight's dinner had me searching for ideas.  I found a winner in a lemon butter and sage chicken.  The recipe I found for eggplant was pretty bland.  I need to invest the effort and make the eggplant recipe I found back when I was pregnant and had to take breaks while making it to give my feet a rest.  It was so yummy.

No comments: