Friday, May 14, 2021

My eyes often open somewhere between 5:30 and 6:20am.  My alarm is set for 6:40am, so typically I am excited at rolling over and trying to close my eyes again.  Today, when I woke at 6am I decided I had time if I got up to get in the hot tub whilest I listened to a daily podcast (Bible in a Day, thank you Father Mike) and shower off quickly before getting Avery up.  So - at last I finally had my first soak that wasn't in the dark.

Last night while we were out back I dug two full bricks out of the pressed down dirt.  Now I know where the big pile of bricks in the garage came from.  I guess they used this lot to dump things.  Yay.  We picked some of the larger surface rocks and tossed them into the rocked area beside the concrete slab and I moved her existing play toys to the now dry mud pit.  Did you watch Parks and Rec?  I can't help but think of "the pit".  I also reached the swing set place - he basically pushed me off indicating he would call me when he's ready to schedule me.  *sigh*  Next time I won't be nice and postpone due to rain and mud.

Today the asphalt guy was here to re-seal the driveway, so that is at least checked off of the household to do list.  If anything would have the swing set guy call right away to deliver immediately it would be having a driveway that I shouldn't use for 48 hours, right?

No comments: