Tuesday, May 11, 2021

There was 4 eggs in the robin nest.  They were getting big and I was concerned as they didn't seem super reactive, but I have seen the adults coming to the nest and I heard them making plenty of noise.  Then tonight I found one down below on the concrete and he is no longer with us.  This hurts my heart so much.

It doesn't seem like the mourning dove ever moves from that nest.  I learned that they swap out, so I just am not there at the right time. Since there is a feathery bum on the nest all the time I haven't been able to peek through the deck to look for eggs there.

Tonight we're back to freezing temps, so I once again brought everything back inside *sigh* I am so over this.  I guess I should shut up, at least the sun was out today instead of rain, right?  I haven't been able to get ahold of the swing set people yesterday or today.

I still don't know what I'm going to do out there.  I called a place right up the road.  They do have top soil and the rocks, but they only deliver and dump, they don't provide the services to spread.  Not having time to breathe as is, the tire on the wheelbarrow being flat every friggin time I need to touch the thing, and my recent endeavors with my shoulder tell me that wouldn't have worked out very well.  Even if I could do that part of the work I don't have the tools or the strength to tamp the areas that are a complete mess.  I HATE how steep the back and side is going towards the fence.  I'm not happy with the current results, but I'm in too far at this point.  F this.

No comments: