Tuesday, April 27, 2021

I'm not dead.  Time to spill my drama and catch you up on things.  I say drama only because if you have anxiety issues even good stuff can all tumble together and wreak havoc on you.

Still waiting for my phone case to arrive... yay, Chyyyna.  So far the service has been good for me. I like the phone, I'm finding my way around and getting nestled in nicely.

Hot tub:  It was supposed to come in July.  On Friday I got a call - they can't order the one I wanted, it is no longer available -- but good news!  The one that was on the floor, which was marked sold is available / the people changed their mind.  Great!  It isn't the color I wanted inside, but it works.  That means I can set up for delivery like whenever.  Ok,... but I thought I had more time, so I only had one quote for wiring (the guy they recommended) and I had sticker shock.  I got the guy I typically use for electric to come today and look.  I should get his estimate in the next couple of days.

Swing set:  Family was going to help do the landscaping leveling, but a death in the family had that nixed - or so I thought/was told on the 17th.  I then started scrambling to find people to come give me quotes to do the work.  I agreed to the second quote I received there... and yes, of course it was way more than I wanted or expected to spend, but ... what other option do I have.  Now the family has reached out asking to schedule a time. Uh.  No, please don't stress me out like this.  I was told early May.  Well, guess who called today... and I had to tell them I wasn't ready.  I was also warned if you aren't ready you can get back burnered and delays result.  So, great.  Now that's f'd for now too.

Either way, now my emergency slush fund is feeling a bit raw, because I never fathomed how expensive one wire and digging would be.  Admittedly my wallet hurts a little extra right now as I finish spending out my high deductible health plan.

My shoulder manipulation took place last Wednesday.  I can't believe it's been a week already.  I was nervous.  Had to be there at 5:45 am for a 7:45 am procedure.  I was leaving after fully waking a good bit before 10 am.  The procedure itself took like 5 minutes.  I am pretty surprised that I don't hurt more.  I have full range of motion in the up and down if I push through, but I need to regain the strength to do it and the muscles need to adjust.  The chicken wing type motions are not full range of motion and are much more painful -- especially at physical therapy.  I gotta press through.  It's so nice to put that arm up behind my head or to shave my armpit.  I can almost put my hand up on my hip.  #goals

Since I need to use some vacation time, my sister is in to help me through this (since I couldn't drive to leave the surgical center or when I take the pain meds), and sitting at the desk for 8 hours a day again immediately was not feasible ... we drove to see my other sister in Lock Haven this past weekend.  It was a nice little get away.  Gosh I need a real vacation.

No comments: