Monday, March 01, 2021

You'll note in my last post that I commented about MRIs not hurting. This is true.  The placement of the dye however, well that is most definitely painful as frell.

The MRI itself was snug, my left side rubbed as I slid in and out, which they warned me would happen since they needed to center my right shoulder in the tunnel.  They do give put a washcloth over your eyes, so that mitigated that - and headphones to listen to the music of your choice.  I had a wonderful staff member explaining things to me and he was kind enough to offer his hand before the doctor proceeded to put the dye into my shoulder.  The process is kind of neat - they use an xray while placing the needle to make sure they're in the right place.

It was unpleasant to have the needle go down into the joint, but dealable.  When they started to inject the dye however, that hurt pretty good.  My entire arm felt like a lead brick after the injection.  The rest was butter.  I did have a slight reaction to the surgical adhesive on the bandage placed over the hole they poked in me.  I had pretty bad contact dermatitis from the tape/adhesive that held my IV in when I was in the hospital having Avery.  This one seemed to heal up faster, but I still have a pretty solid bruise there.

Didn't hear back from the doctor today.  I left a message later in the afternoon.  I hope to hear more tomorrow.

No comments: