Monday, December 07, 2020

I ended up going to Medwell to get my steroids. I'm glad I did, the swelling has reduced a good deal and quickly, but I'm still hurting. I have already made a few motions that were too much by accident and left myself writhing.

I went first thing (8am) on Friday. You pull up and there are signs saying you should call before you go in. Ok. So I called. and called. and called. It either said the number wasn't available or gave you the canned options saying no one was available. I could see the employees inside. Around attempt number 70 there are now 3 other cars pulled in also dialing and redialing on their cell phones. I finally got a person who asked a few questions and told me to come in to register.

When I was waiting inside I got to listen to them taking other calls.  People trying to get COVID tests.  Their daily slots for such testing is limited and was full up, so call back tomorrow at 8am.  Well that explains why I couldn't get through.

It took an hour and a half, so I barely got out of there an home for a call I needed to accommodate, but I did get what I needed.  $12 for the steroids, prb several hundred for the visit (what I see processing right now is $120 for the xrays and $240 for the outpatient visit) which could have been avoided if my PCP had not told me to just keep suffering.  THIS is why I wanted to wait until January for all of that, since I haven't paid out my deductible for the year yet.  I would have expected MRI to see soft tissue, but ok.  Now I have a picture that depicts a bit of arthritis and some calcification that is consistent with bicipital tendonitis.

No comments: