Tuesday, November 24, 2020

The regular Thanksgiving get together we typically attend was cancelled a few weeks back.  Another one of my favorite egg's aunts volunteered to host, but let's be honest, it probably isn't the best idea to have 20-ish people together.  I will be cooking.  I've made a few bigger meals like this, but it's been a while.  I'm not going all out, but there is plenty to do.

I got a jump start tonight.  The carrots and sweet potatoes are peeled and cut up in their cooking vessels.  The mashing potatoes are washed (ready to peel).  But more importantly I made my list of what I am going to make, gathered the materials I will need from my stockpiles, and made my list of items I need to grab from the store tomorrow.  Don't worry -- I pulled the turkey breast to defrost on Sunday.

I am supposed to be off tomorrow.  Maybe the abundance of things I need to do will be enough to keep me from spending too much time working.  My goal for tomorrow is to make the cranberry sauce and a batch of no bakes, hit the grocery store, maybe get in for a pedi, and to pick up Avery from daycare early.  Oh -- and I have to clean a bit too, because we invited Avery's EGP over for Tgiving dinner.

No comments: