Monday, November 23, 2020

Because I wasn't sore enough...  I got motivated yesterday.  It was time to work towards addressing the mess in the basement.

As part of the process I put all of the Halloween decorations together, which will help future me.  I also brought a good bit of Christmas stuff upstairs to queue up.

I tossed two of the dog crates that I have had for over 20 years.  I mean, I guess if I get another dog someday they could have been used, but the doors were rusted and bent (thanks to Danika) and looking rough.  I have pressure washed them in the past and bought replacement doors, but seriously, they can go.  I still have one extra large one if need be for Saffy.  That one could use a new door too.

Long story short it looks way larger than it did before.  I need another day when I feel like tossing things to really make some progress.  I also have space to accommodate two more sets of shelves.  Part of the problem is that the plastic bins are just a wee bit too big to go on most of the shelves.  What I would really like, although they're kinda expensive for what they are, are ceiling mounted storage racks.  One of those in the garage and one in the basement would rock.  I know me though too - if I got one I'd be afraid to hang it for fear I wouldn't get it up right.

No comments: