Thursday, August 20, 2020

Why am I posting... I have no idea.  I have nothing to say, really.  The days and weeks are going by so fast.  Everything seems so repetitive -- but good.

It has been crazy hot, but it is starting to get pretty chilly overnight, which is rather refreshing.  It's like a final warning to the plants, so my tomatoes are going insane right now.  I will definitely have the supplies for a big batch of sauce at the end of the season.  It's kind of a shame, because my tomatoes are incredibly tasty this year.  Avery loves them too and she eats the cherry tomatoes by the hand full every night.

The green beans, kale, and swiss chard remains productive much to my dismay.  The watermelons on the other hand remain small and don't seem to be changing.

I also have a critter with a penchant for my tomatoes.  I don't know what it is for sure, but I suspect a raccoon or the like given the way the partially eaten tomatoes are gnawed at.  I've lost a couple of romas and one big orange-yellow one at a minimum.

No comments: