Saturday, April 27, 2019

What a busy day.  I walked out of the house shortly after 7am for our normal Saturday routine (Starbucks and Little Gym).  We were back at 10:20 or so for a quick feeding and back out the door at 11am to get to a first birthday party.  I can't believe I'm attending first birthday parties.  This is for a little gal to a couple that are friends with My Favorite Egg.

It was quite the nice Alice in Wonderland themed affair.  Since it was in Irwin I had asked about visiting with Avery's grandparents.  Nonno was available, so we went and hung out.  We picked some flowers, we fed the chickens, and we headed to... McDonald's at Nonno's suggestion to check out the play area.

I was a bit leery, I mean the play area is meant for older kids - even at Chick-fil-a and we're talking McDonald's, the Walmart of  fast food play areas.  We were in there for maybe 15 minutes and Avery was crying three times.  The first time after she quickly and easily climbed up the stairs on her own and was headed towards the slide.  I climbed up (thank goodness they make them sturdy enough to hold someone my size) to find a little girl hugging her that told me her brother was "in a hurry and accidentally stepped on her hair".  Oy.  I got her down the slide and followed behind her to find her at the bottom crying, but this time I know why - man the static electricity!  zap zap zap.  Back on the ground they had this huge Big Mac in that room w/ a carpeted track around it.  She started running circles and a little boy started behind her.  After two laps I should have trusted my instinct that this kid was going to push her because at the end of lap three he sure did.  Not enough to knock her over or anything, but enough to make her cry.

We got back home a few minutes late for bed time with a zonked kiddo in the back.  I admit, I enjoy her in that state as it means she'll be willing to cuddle.  It was a really nice last 20 minutes of the day.

No comments: