Monday, April 22, 2019

We're back! Once again we headed off on a cruise ship for a week.  This time we drove to Bayonne to leave on Anthem of the Seas for a week visiting Bermuda and Boston.  Vacations are definitely different with a little one that naps for a couple of hours mid-day, so this one was a bit low key and I don't have a ton of activities to talk about (and there is lots of fun activities onboard this class of ship).

It was pleasant enough travels although a bit too cold to get as much use out of our balcony as I would have liked.  Then again, two decks below our balcony was a smoker area, so that made it less than desirable to sit out anyhow.

I fought a sore throat again all stinking week.  It is one that was negligible during the day but got pretty painful into the evening and overnight.  It made me cough and felt like I had hot sauce dripping down my throat which made me want to swallow all the more.  Even moving my tongue certain ways hurt like I had strained a muscle.

I will note that we took Avery to the pink sand beaches while in Bermuda and we headed to the aquarium in Boston.  We probably waited an hour and a half (easy) in line for the aquarium just to get in and good glory was it packed.  The walk from the bus terminal we rode to was quite pleasant, I could imagine walking about Boston a few weeks later in the year and it being quite lovely.  It was a bit cool and still not yet in bloom.  We had a good time.  It was nice to get away, for sure, I needed that.

We did come back to leaves popping out on the trees - and the grass going crazy, so I was busy mowing/weeding today since I had one more day off.  This is one clump of activities I'd rather do without in the summer.  I hate being stained green with dirt under my nails and feeling my sinuses rebel against the cut grass.

After the work around the house was done we headed out for a bite to eat and a few stops (Big Lots and Aldis - I'll pick up from Giant Eagle tomorrow since I had little here to make meals with after being away).

On our trip back towards my place on the highway we had a bit of a scare.  My Favorite Egg (MFE) said "oh, a deer, no that's a dog".  I can be heard in the video from his car saying "no no no no".  Fortunately the dog got out across both lanes (65mph highway) as both we and the lane beside us tried to screech to a halt.  Well the tractor trailer two cars back in the right lane didn't and hit the one car there, pushing him probably in part into the car beside us and into us.

MFE got us off of the road safely and in the grand scheme without any worries.  His car definitely has some damage, but we just had enough to shake us up a little (or at least me - Avery didn't even seem to notice and she just wanted to go home as it was her bedtime).  To  my understanding everyone was okay and we believe the dog made it safely across and up the hill on the other side. Thankful and blessed.

No comments: