Monday, April 29, 2019

I'm in one of those moods/phases where I'm a bit angry and sad.  The reason?  My kid and work.  It really stinks to be frustrated with work all by itself, but when I have to drop my kid off and be away from her all day to instead immerse myself in frustrations it pushes some buttons.

I'll freely admit jealousy of the women who get to stay with their kids.  Not that I understand how it could happen for people in lines of work where a few years away equates to never being able to find work again - plus, you know, bills and whatnot.

My mind turns to the math.  She's awake for 77 hours a week I get at most 37 of those with her.  It really stinks.  I know she's also getting an education and that even if i were with her now all day every day the time would come when school started and we'd be in a similar position.  It's all just going so fast.

Because my brain likes to torture me, I even start fretting about the start of the week early in the day on Sunday, causing me to feel like I'm losing even more time.  By 10am on Mondays my stomach is twisted.

I'm holding onto the "this too shall pass" stance.  I know we all go through these phases with work, but this one has been bad and longer than many.  It's time to pass.

No comments: