Sunday, December 09, 2018

The first clean took place last week.  There are definitely things I feel were "missed" but a lot was accomplished.  Prior to her arrival it did push me to do some stuff around the house and to buy some bins to encourage me to get on top of sorting the baby clothes I previously mentioned.  It would be nice if I could get to the point where I could reliably take a lunch, even a half hour, each day - or even 2 or 3 days a week - to do something else while I need not tend to Avery.

I had been waiting for a replacement part for my vacuum (yes that one that I bought myself last year for Christmas).  I don't know how it happened, but the piece that holds the bag in place is gone.  I would have surely noticed it to pull it out and throw it away, no?  I have no clue what happened there.  Long story short I opened it to deal w/ the bag, assuming it was probably full, and found the whole cavity full of dirt and dog fur with the bag sagging down.  Go figure.  Finally this piece arrived this weekend and I think I got it in place properly.

I'm still struggling to find the last few gifts we need. I wish the $5 gift for everyone thing would change to a pick one name and buy a bigger gift only for them.  That would save a good bit of cash and a ton of time and thought.

I guess the need to hunt for gifts is a good distraction.  The holidays always fight with my emotions.  I'd give the world for more adult interaction right now.  I desperately need friends here.  I really miss having a holiday party for work to go to as well, not that I could really go to one even if it was still happening.  I just need something right now and I don't know what it is.

The big effort I was heading up went into test this past week.  I'm praying I am not trading that stress for another scoop on something else.  It would be nice to not feel tense all of the time.

Side note:  The people who make Rescue Remedy (a liquid that we recommended for dogs with separation anxiety) also make a little lozenge for stress relief.  I ordered myself a small tin from Amazon.  I'm willing to give it a try.

No comments: