Thursday, October 11, 2018

This afternoon, at long last, October actually arrived. The temps have dropped and my after walk work actually felt like it was autumn. Of course, the leaves aren't really changing - at least not getting the vibrant shades, but some leaves are falling off.  I thought the change in sunrise/sunset triggered the change in leaves, not the temps, what gives?  Regardless, I fear we won't even see the beautiful colors this year - just a sudden drop of leaves after a sudden cold snap.

I was aiming to get another mow in this morning, but when I woke it was raining.  I'm hoping tomorrow is the day.  I guess the good news is, if it stays cool, the grass will definitely slow down.  The cooler temps have me wishing, once again, that I had a couple of windows down in the basement and garage so I could allow some cooler air in there.

The ghosts have gone out front, come back down, and went back out.  I need to buy some actual duct tape to secure things better.

No comments: