Monday, July 02, 2018

I've gotten a few nights in on the new bed, and alas, I am still not comfortable.  I miss my old bed and how it would hug me.  I tried reducing my typical number of pillows for the first few nights and I just couldn't get comfortable, even with the top angled up a little.  I'm still waking to shift as my hips get a little sore from staying in one position too.  *sigh*

I ordered sheets my sister recommended because they had a double-row of elastic.  I was concerned as they are only 400 thread count, but she recommended them and I figure they'll work for now, lowering my overall initial expenditures and heaven knows I'll eventually buy a second set of sheets.  Well, they're scratchy.  I guess I'm spoiled with my higher thread counts.

As to space - it is wider, but it works.  Without a headboard it can push back a bit further which compensates to allow you around the bed on both sides.  Of course, at some point I want to get another headboard, but I'll adjust to that when the time comes.

No comments: