Monday, June 25, 2018

Know what's crap?  The $5000 yearly limit for pre-tax dollars for daycare.  As I prepare the paperwork I need my daycare provider to sign for our July care I realized this will put us above that $5000 threshold.  I guess the good news is both I and the provider get a few months off from paperwork.  On the other hand I won't get that full $5000 back until the end of the year anyhow as they split things across the whole year.  I certainly hope the balance we have to pay out for August-December can be written off in some other way.

On other news, I have continued to struggle with back pain.  Thinking I'd never get anywhere I tried calling the furniture company I purchased from.  Guess what - they won't send anyone out to recheck the bed for 6 months after a previous check.  If you recall, back in February they came and checked my new bed and found the box springs defective, so they replaced them.  I guess if you still have something defective that's just too bad for 6 months.  With a sigh I called the guy who I turn to for my purchases out here and he worked up his chain to get me some assistance.

I'm lucky to say that they were able to get me covered under the comfort guarantee, even though I was about 10 days past the 120 day window on the replacement box springs, but obviously way out of that window for the initial purchase.  What that means is for a $100 fee to dispose of the old stuff they'll give me credit towards purchase of another.  With prodding from my sister I caved and ordered a king sized bed last night - worse still, one that has a base that moves.  How old does that make me sound?  The new bed will be here on Wednesday, which has me scrambling to get some sheets here in time - never mind all of the other things that will need to be purchased (dust ruffle, comforter, mattress protector (which I already bought there in the store as it ups their warranty on the bed) etc).

I hope this doesn't make my bedroom look tiny.  Ultimately the deciding factor on the size upgrade was that before I know it, I will have someone else trying to sneak into my bed.  I may as well make room for her now.

No comments: