Thursday, July 05, 2018

Well the robins are definitely reusing the nest.  I had spotted one sitting in the nest a couple of times, so I figured he/she was on eggs, but last night I saw THREE little heads pop up and saw one of the parents with a mouthful a couple of times.  It warms my heart to know that my deck helped shield 5 little lives so far this summer.  I'm glad that they find my place accommodating.  I try to keep some food out there (not constant as I might in the winter) and some water in the bird bath.

I have also found that if I move the new bed into the 'zero-g' position and move the head up a little more I am not sore and moving as much at night.

Yesterday Avery and I took advantage of our day off, despite the heat and headed north to do some shopping.  I was hoping to find a comforter or bedspread that I liked at At Home.  No luck on that front, but I was excited to see the halloween stuff already starting to fill the shelves!  I also couldn't say no to a big Zero the dog to hang on my front porch!  We walked around the Robinson mall as well.

I gotta admit, I was missing my Mom on the drive up there.  I realized that a few years ago I would have been making the drive down the mountain for us to cook out together.  It wasn't some big family get together that so many people have to celebrate, but I miss it; and while I wasn't alone, I was with my little one, I still felt a bit alone for the holiday.

We eventually caught up w/ my Favorite Egg at a friend's place for a little while - they played games, I entertained kiddo.

No comments: