Sunday, June 10, 2018

I'm sitting here holding Avery as she takes her late afternoon nap.  Boy I wish I could wipe out with her as I did for her earlier nap today.  My friend Tanya was in very briefly once again so we spent the night up talking before she headed back to the airport. It's been a long time since I went to bed at 5 a.m., but even worse with a storm rolls that in at  5:20 a.m., upsetting Safyre. I'm not doing too bad for only having 2 hours of sleep (yes we still made it to church - it isn't like Avery was going to sleep in too long).

We had to look closely at our schedule for the next few weeks. It seems like everything is planned for June or July. I hated to tell several friends we wouldn't make it to their events, it just wouldn't be very fair to be on the road for long hours every weekend (and in one case, on both weekend days) - for Avery or the dogs.

Here it is Sunday night once again. At least got through all of the laundry and scrubbed the shower. I made a feeble attempt to trim back the shrubs behind the fence but it was simply too hot earlier today and I didn't get as much done as I probably should have. The deck is back in functional order and the ceiling fan is working as well. I guess some progress was made, but I'm still not wanting to get up and work tomorrow - or to take the wee one (cranky or not) to daycare.

No comments: