Monday, May 28, 2018

I love long weekends. I really could spend 24-7 with the wee one and be quite happy.  Stay at home Mom's that complain are crazy.  Now to come up with a "win the lottery" strategy that works.

Yesterday we visited at Jay and Jenn's get together yesterday after heading to Bridgeville to try a place we had a groupon for.  The Railyard was decent, but I'll state that much of what I had was pretty bland.  Fried pickles were a very large serving, but the breading was basically panko and zilch for zest/seasoning.  The dipping sauce helped them out to be pleasant enough, but even that could have used a little bit of a kick of something.  The fish and chips followed suit - HUGE serving, but basic panko-style crust without much flavor.  The fries are fresh cut which is always nice, sliced thin, but not over cooked - pleasant surprise.  I'd love to report on the Guinness chocolate cake, but they were out.  We had the cookie instead which wasn't bad, I just had my heart set on that cake.

Last night we pressure washed the ceiling of the deck roof (and I cleaned a few other things that didn't get done last weekend w/ the deck itself) and sprayed the carpenter bee holes with appropriate bee spray.  This morning my Favorite Egg covered the holes and taped things off in preparation to put the urethane up.  I pray this works/keeps them away.

Since all of the furniture from the deck is below the deck, I sat down there long enough to notice that we have at least two baby robins in the nest down there!  I then noticed the robin siting on the fence, probably waiting for me to leave so he/she could feed the babies, so Avery and I packed up and came back inside.  This nest is from a previous year or two, which I left behind, and I'm glad I did.  Welcome birdies!

No comments: