Sunday, May 20, 2018

Effn bees.  Once again this year I'm fighting the bees who keep trying to set up shop out back (wasps and yellow jackets).  Today however I also spotted the first one - a carpenter bee on my deck roof *yes, the one I just put in last year*  Upon closer inspection there are several holes out there. *sigh*  The guy who did the roofing said it was rare that carpenter bees would go after this, it's why I went ahead and picked the wood ceiling.  So now I have to try and figure out how to deal with them.  I had issues with them at the eves on the Jtown house and couldn't get rid of them until I totally covered over the wood w/ soffit and fascia.  I'm so not happy.  I guess I'll be trying to get the wood sealed... or paying someone too and hoping that deters/stops it? :(

Friday night I ventured to another greenhouse in the area and we have a winner - a very nice place.  I picked up two of my sweet, actually SUPER sweet 100s tomato plants and a basil plant.  I wanted to get them into my pots on Saturday, but do you think I could find my large ceramic pots ANYWHERE?  I know they were moved, so where on earth did they go?  So yesterday I was out running a bit more.  I'm not spending on new ceramic ones because that's crazy expensive, so instead I cheaped out and bought two big black buckets from Home Depot.  I bought spray paint to make them look nicer too.

Last night I got one bucket partially painted and the spray paint stopped working. GAH!  So today I was out again to take that can back and get more.  Regardless, earlier today I put the plants into the partially painted pots.  Today my Favorite Egg is here helping out, pressure washing the deck and some of the dirty spots on the siding.

At church this morning I was surprised when the pastor asked me about joining the board of trustees.  So that may be happening too.  I've been wondering how to get involved at this church since we don't have the youth group or other activities that my old/larger church had going on.

No comments: