Monday, March 26, 2018

We had a pleasant, but chilly weekend.  I left Avery behind on Saturday morning w/ her Dad so I could do something for me.  All I've done morning, noon, and night for months now is pulled my hair back to avoid it being in the way when holding my sweet girl close.  It really drained me to just have a mess of hair that was always in the way.  So I went and got a cut and color.  My most recent visit for cut and color was less than 24 hours before I went into labor, so that was 7 months ago and I was long over due.  I feel so much more human and like I still exist as more than "Avery's Mom".  It's a good bit shorter, but I love it.  When you get your hair done that last thing you want to do is sit at home.  So on Saturday afternoon we headed out to do a little running.

Sunday however was our big adventure - back to Johnstown.  The young Mr Law was celebrating receipt of his Eagle Scout award and I'm so glad we were able to go.  It boggles me how quickly time has gone that this amazing guy was just a wee little one like my Avery a blink of an eye ago.  Here he is - all grown and with so many hugely symbolic events falling at his feet in the next few months.  It's an exciting time in a young adult's life.  I pray he enjoys each and every moment of it.

While we were there we took the opportunity to quickly get together with the Wild One and her family.  Kids being the germ pools that they are and all, she hadn't gotten to meet Avery yet.

No comments: