Monday, March 19, 2018

The taxes are finished.  All said and done I lost half of my federal return to the house in Johnstown.  On one hand it was a blessing that it was only half (after our initial pass made it look like it would be swallowed whole) on the other hand I'm still pissed I lost half.  Between the large fee for the tax work (because of all of the forms and the several hundred dollars I owe PA *hiss* there is even less of that half to use for other purposes.  Regardless, I'm shaking it off because I'm done.  There is nothing else that will effect me from there.  I can, at least, still put a small chunk into Avery's savings and do some smaller things here I wanted to do, even if I won't be re-cushioning my slush fund.

I'm slowly getting used to the new phone.  It isn't as large as it could be, and I'm not struggling as much as I expected in that regard.  The biggest problem so far has been convincing Avery that the sparkly case is not a play toy, but I suspect that struggle will go on for years.  Speaking of her, can I go back to Friday?  I hate Mondays extra now that they follow up a weekend of getting to hang out with my sweet girl.

No comments: