Tuesday, March 06, 2018

Still no final answers on my 2017 taxes to report.  I can give you the update that the previous calculations were done using a 50/50 split rather than a 1/3 split to the apartment, so that helps a little.  I offered up more potential counter information and now I am holding and waiting.  I'm really not liking the delay that this years experience has to it.  I'm tempted to schedule another appointment so I have a definitive timeline on when I can expect my information to be completed.

I did move out on one item I've been wanting to purchase that I was considering being part of my tax refund and that's a new cell phone.  Buying a new phone is a big commitment to me.  My old one was purchased in August 2014, so I definitely get my use out of one.  She's still operating reasonably well, but my big push is to have a better camera and video capability along with more memory for vacations and day to day capturing of the moments with Avery.  Pretty good excuse, huh?!

Fortunately, with the Samsung Galaxy s9s coming out the s7s dropped in price.  I know it seems wrong to buy an older phone, but I was rocking a s4, so this is still a huge step up and not as massive of a cost.  Best Buy was also offering a better deal than direct through AT&T, so I am getting the phone for $279.99 instead of over $400.  I can swallow that price point a lot easier than $700, $800, $900.  I am going to put it on the plan since there is no interest and it only ups my bill by $9.33 a month, again - tolerable.  I guess I need to order some cute cases.  I'll be sad to see some of my fun ones go.

No comments: