Saturday, January 13, 2018

We didn't get the amount of snow they called for, which pleased me greatly.  It was raining yesterday afternoon and pretty hard later in the evening.  I saw the temps in the 60s around noon and watched it drop 7 degrees to 34 from the time I left to pick up the baby until I returned home (and daycare is only 5 minutes away).  At that point the water was lying on the main road pretty heavy and I worried we'd have an ice rink.  Once again things were plowed out front before I even got out of bed at 8am. (She let me sleep in!  -and I had fallen asleep on the couch last night around 8 too - I feel pretty well rested today.)

Tonight I tried a local wing joint, The Hofbrau just down the road a wee bit.  They've been on my radar for a while, but I finally decided to brave the cold with the baby to hunt and gather, since they don't seem to appeal to my Favorite Egg.  I have to say, it was a good recommendation!  The wings themselves were perfectly cooked, my only complaint is that honey-garlic really should have chunks (and lots of them) garlic.  The cheese sticks were meh - but they might be better reheated.  Now the fried cauliflower?  They were amazing!

The wee one and I returned home with our goodies and fired up Netflix to watch The Polka King, a Jack Black flick that I was made aware of because the Alex Meixner band put the word out there, as they - or at least he, not sure which - helped out with the album and some of the shows they've been hitting to market it.  I guess I should have finished watching the end of the latest Pirates of the Caribbean movie since I fell asleep midway through it last night.

No comments: