Wednesday, January 10, 2018

I neglected to mention the girls had their yearly trip to the vet last weekend.  This meant we met a new/local vet.  I'm still very sad to part ways with RVH and Dr. S, but this vet seemed pleasant and concerned enough.  While the bill was larger than it was back in Jtown (and so many ppl said RVH was $$$$) it wasn't as bad as I was expecting.  Either way we're all stocked up on heartworm preventative and vaccinated for another year, well, except Saffy's rabies which is due in May.

We made it through the first freeze and snow/slush with the back stairs and the girls didn't have any issues.  I can, of course, shift to bringing them in and out through the basement door if need be, but as creatures of habit I'm sure they'd sneak up the stairs when they were finished using the facilities before coming to the basement door.

Speaking of the freeze, I'm eager for a few days here with warmer daytime temps.  I won't feel as trapped in the house.   Now is the time to make the grocery run and all else, right?  Of course two of the three days of warmer weather also are calling for rain.  From the stand point of the dogs and the back yard I'd rather those days be snow, so I don't have a muddy mess to contend with.

No comments: