Wednesday, December 20, 2017

Let's talk about nostalgia.  Christmas has that way about it, doesn't it?  I got to chatting with my 5th grade teacher on FB today and I "wanted more" so, I hunted down and sent messages to two high school teachers on there too - ones with whom I really enjoyed their classes.

I made some cookies last night, but I'm a giant slacker as they were from a pre-packaged mix I bought from kids selling in the neighborhood.  I also intend to make a batch of no bakes, but again those don't really count.  I should be making home made chocolate chip and some pizzelles (there's the nostalgia), but it just won't happen this year.  These cookies, regardless, will cover me for something to take to two of the get togethers coming up for Christmas.  I need to make something else for the bigger meal/get together - but I might pull an old trick back out of my hat and simultaneously get my cranberry fix with some cranberry fluff.

The holidays also have a way of being depressing.  I know after all of the rushing about is done I will "come down" from it all and fight off being bummed out.  Here's where I put the PSA saying "dear friends, if you're hurting and feeling sad through the holidays, please don't allow it to get out of check.  Ask for help or talk to someone.  If you know me, you know you can call me any time."

No comments: