Tuesday, November 07, 2017

It is shocking how much we rely on clean water flowing from our faucets.  I had guessed it was from the heavy rains, but it turns out it was simply a failure in filtration at one of the water pumping stations.  Either way I'm living with a boil water advisory.  So I can't use the ice from the ice maker or use the tap water for consumption without boiling it.  I'm lucky I had a couple of gallons of water downstairs for drinking purposes.

The bigger issue is cleaning bottles. So for tonight I just boiled a pot and sterilized the bottles that way.  I also boiled two other pots full to have water for the dogs tomorrow.  But this leaves open questions.  They say not to even use the water to brush your teeth... so can I shower?  I mean, I am still feeding kiddo and the water would be on me.  I guess I need to return to having an obscene stockpile of bottled water in the basement to avoid some of these issues.

The biggest surprise was I found out via text and email from the water company.  It's nice to know they don't assume everyone is glued to the nightly local news on a daily basis.  Hopefully they'll text when the issue is resolved as well, but in the mean time I'll be peeking at their website throughout the day.

No comments: