Friday, October 20, 2017

I had a lot of boring nights at home by myself in Johnstown too, don't get me wrong... but I'm feeling extra home bound here lately.  Yeah, I can go out by myself but to where... shopping?  To get starbucks?  Those trips out are limited in time too - or I'm stuck in a parking lot half naked for 25 minutes to stretch my time out.  Going out to eat?  I miss some of the places I frequented back in Jtown.  What I wouldn't give for good sushi, mexican, or chinese.  But it's hard to actually eat a hot meal at any point, so those things would be a waste to be near anyhow.

So far this week we left the house to go to church, to a chiropractor appointment, and - in an effort to get past budding grumpiness - two walks to take in the fresh air and nice weather.

I think I'd be better about it all if I were more rested and less stressed.  I know this will all pass - and too fast when I look back in hindsight - but it would sure be nice to have caught a nap earlier, or to know that I can sleep in tomorrow morning.  Heck, just not needing to get up in the middle of the night only to try futilely to get back to sleep would be great.

No comments: