Saturday, September 23, 2017

I caved and bought an FX projector for halloween (and Christmas).  I also picked up one of those whirly things that displays ghosts that I'll be trying to set up on the garage door.  I got rid of a lot of my junk halloween decorations before I moved, so there is room in the orange bin to put things away after the season.  I'll try to remember to report back on how it all looks.

Right now I can say that the screen for the projector is kind of crap - it isn't big enough to cover the entire double window and it comes with double sided tape to attach it.  My issue w/ double sided tape should be obvious, but if not - who wants to scrape that back off of the window after each season and then you have to keep buying more double sided tape - plus worry about it ripping the flimsy screen. It comes preloaded with a few videos, but my initial attempts to find some others for free has been fruitless, so this might be agitating to me - we'll see.

Boxes from the farm continue, and they continue to contain a great deal of peppers (several varieties).  I don't mind peppers, but I need them cooked so they don't repeat on me as much and there are only so many stuffed peppers I can stomach.  My sister introduced me to grilling them with some butter and seasonings, so that has been keeping the stockpile at bay.  We're also getting into some more of the fun stuff like spaghetti squash and butternut squash.

Girl child turns one month tomorrow.  Time has flown overall, but each day does seem to drag.  If you want more details on her progress ask for the link to the blog where I am focused on all things kiddo.

No comments: