Friday, September 08, 2017

I am sure I don't need to answer the question of where I've been. Baby came along on August 24th (5 days early) and we've been busy trying to find some new level of normal... or attempting to catch sleep where we can.  I'm figuring out how to leave the house and trying to still be me, not just me in the cloud of baby activities, but it's hard. This isn't a surprise, but it deserves to be said.

The house is a mess.  I'm trying to do a little thing each day in addition to the must keep up items (laundry/dishes/garbage).  Yesterday it was tidying more up in the nursery and scooping dog poop, the day before cleaning the kitchen floor and vacuuming, today was my bathroom sinks - and if I can a quick mow in the back yard would be a wise move.

Thank goodness that the last season of Walking Dead is now on Netflix, this is a bit of normal I need - although it is likely to distract me from getting extra sleep when I can.  I got pretty far behind last season, so I'd say I have 7-10 episodes to watch before the new season starts, but I got to watching those I did see earlier today - and allowed myself a nap during.

Around the house, my Favorite Egg's Dad has been employed to do some of the yard work I wanted done.  To this point the grass out back is looking good (like I said it needs mowed) and retaining walls are in out front and in the back.  Next up is planting and landscaping a bit to make it look nicer.  That is likely to happen in the next couple of weeks.  I hate eating through my savings while I am waiting for my first disability check to come through but it needs done, so - so it shall be.

No comments: