Monday, August 21, 2017

I've been pretty tired, so I haven't done a ton of cleaning, but I have completed a few tasks to get them off of my plate for the next few weeks.  That includes scrubbing the guest bath tub, so I can soak in it as needed.  (I had a couple of guests that showered here and I'm weird about sitting in the tub after someone else has used it.)  I also scrubbed the bathroom floors, which is no small feat when it's hard to get down to the floor, harder to scoot around on it, and even harder to get back up.  I'm mostly caught up with laundry (I say mostly because that's is, after all, a constant battle.)  I also got more put away so there isn't a pile in the kiddo's room.  Of course, that did involve moving two bags of things into another room.  Yay for shifting piles.

I do wish I had more ideas for the bounty of veggies out in the kitchen.  I did use up the huge eggplant and the broccoli, but I still have plenty out there including some squash from my Favorite Egg's Mom, more peppers and tomatillos (they both came in Saturday's farm box), tomatoes, and some corn.  I picked up some chicken and wraps with the intention of making some fajitas at some point early this week to deal with some of this list, but I have been getting wiped fast.  Making the big eggplant I had to sit a few times and started sweating like crazy.

My Favorite Egg mowed yesterday (front and sides) so that looks tidy to get us through should anything change this week.  I'm starting to see some grass sprouting out back!  Fortunately, we had a few days with rain.  That spared me from a watering routine which involved going up and down the stairs 5-7 times (once every 15 minutes) to move the sprinkler around each morning.

My Favorite Egg also brought me a pair of eclipse glasses, so I feel like I should probably take a peek when it's happening.  I gotta admit it's creepy to me.  Normally I would have been trapped in an office building with no windows, but here I am where I'd notice it starting to get dim.

No comments: