Monday, January 16, 2017

I am still wiped out, so I sat on the couch tonight, but to still be productive I got information from receipts etc processed into my spreadsheets to prep for tax season.  With all of the turns of events with the apartment and then getting it ready and not having that income on it - I really took a spanking on that this year.  Given that the house was on the market since it emptied out and I was not actively looking for a tenant I suspect that will limit me severely on what I can write off.  Worse still is disposing of everything that was in there that was on a depreciation schedule.  Thank goodness I pay someone to guide me on all of that stuff.

I do wish it would be done with these taxes, but since we're into 2017 before the house closes I guess I'll be dealing with another two months of it and then trying to figure out how I get screwed for "making money" on the house (I'm sure that's how they'll see it even though I spent WAY more than what I'm selling it for on upgrades/repairs etc.)  I guess I can't worry about it too much right now.  One day at a time.

I did have the moving company stop today to give me a more accurate estimate and the price is defn higher than originally guestimated on the phone.  It'll still be worth it, but I will be trying to take a car load on closing day and then another load of my own when we do the rest of the move.

No comments: