Thursday, February 04, 2016

At the risk of making February sound like the month of complaints I'll make a note that earlier this week I was fighting with my computer, which decided to refuse to grab Windows updates.  I had long since turned off automatic updates what with the risk of MS shoving Windows 10 down my throat, so there were a few waiting for me since the last time I manually requested them.  I did actually follow instructions that were to permanently block their attempts, but call me paranoid, I'm sure they'll implement away around that.  I paid extra to get a laptop with Windows 7 instead of Windows 8 - I'd be extra ticked if I inadvertently got upgraded.  Either way, I was up way too late on Tuesday with my feeble attempts.  I found a few other items to try after work on Wednesday, which at least got the attempts to grab running again.  I left her running while I was at youth group and sure enough, I had updates when I got home.  *whew*

I went ahead and scheduled my appointment with H&R block to get on top of my taxes, but only after calling two places to see if I should be expecting/needing a 1099-R (I do not).  It will be good to cross that off of the list.  I've mentioned it before, but I'll say it again, I am very glad I have shifted to having someone else deal with all of that.  It is so much faster and less stressful.

I also want to note that I have been sticking to the routine I promised myself this week:  work out Mon/Tue/Thurs/Fri - Wed off for youth and weekends off if I'm with my Favorite Egg.  I was also still sore today from Tuesday's workout, so I am doing something right, right?

No comments: