Sunday, October 11, 2015

My drive home on Thursday was smooth and easy thanks to nice weather and a fresh smelling rental car.  I realized quickly after we got out at 2pm that it wouldn't be too much of a stretch to get home, dump the rental, swap out my clothes, and head to my Favorite Egg's place a day early.  It bought me an extra evening with him, the ability to have dinner done when he got home from work on Friday, and away from the house on an evening where the dogs wouldn't have been here - making it kind of creepy.

I only had a little time to cover to make my week on Friday, which I did from his place in the morning, then I headed to the local outlets for a little shopping.  That's when the rain came in abundance, making me even happier I wasn't making the long drive that day.  I did find a couple of items for myself, and a few items to add to the Christmas shopping coffers.

Saturday we took a day trip to Blackwater Falls in West Virginia.  We were only a few days shy of the peak change of leaves and it was quite beautiful there.  We stopped at local shops as we arrived to town and did a wine tasting, which resulted in the procurement of quite a few bottles.  From there we visited several viewing stops, walked a bit of a trail, and had some dinner at the lodge before heading back 'home'.

No comments: