Tuesday, October 13, 2015

I'm always a bit down for a couple of days after a visit. I'll blame it all this go round on a host of other circumstances though - pending closing on Mom's, upcoming big announcements for other people I care about for which I am happy but a bit pensive internally, and the holidays looming large.

What it all comes down to is that I am often a very uncertain of myself type of person. I have baggage (happy anti-versary to me by the way) that sometimes weighs me down and makes me believe less of myself. It's hard to shake despite the passage of time, especially when circumstance tends to lend to your misled beliefs.

It isn't something easily talked about with someone you love because, frankly, all it would do is put needless pressure on things. When you need to ask someone to give you a status check all you're doing is asking them to tell you what you want to hear, and frankly that doesn't help anything - especially if some of your baggage is knowing that people will lie to your face about the deepest of emotions. In this case, how do you give open and honest?

No comments: