Saturday, June 13, 2015

I ran to Egg's house here in town last night before the storms rolled in and tended to hedges there.  At least one place is covered now - I feel like I need to run between three of them and I'm big time behind at two.

The new computer came, but I cannot get the two computers to see one another on the network.  This creates a bit of a challenge in moving all of my data.  So - I finally buckled and bought the external hard drive that I've had sitting on my wish list for over a year.  I can use that to move data and to create a backup (in theory - hopefully I won't have a problem getting that to work - it looks like the old computer has a v2.0 USB which should work with the one I ordered).

Today I went to the work picnic.  It was nice, a bit humid, but overcast, so the temps were deal able.  It remains a nice event for people with kids.  Back in the day it was nice to go and sit and talk with a huge crew of people and have fruity beverages.  It was nice to spend time with the Wild ones, don't get me wrong, but it feels more like watching to see who else has popped out even more kids or who is pregnant.

As of late it seems like everything piles up on one day.  For example, this coming Tuesday has three appointments.  MEH.  This would be manageable, if I didn't want to also bank some hours for the following week.  I've ended up w/ three things for next weekend too - so I am trying to get one of them covered by someone else.  I need longer weekends and a need for less sleep.  Speaking of - I should be getting stuff done here, but I think I am going to attempt to take a nap before I lose my mind.

No comments: