Saturday, January 03, 2015

I'm behind on posting my "wrap up the year" post, but I've been busy and focused on company, so do forgive.  2014 has been a heck of a year.  I've been happier this past year than I've been in a long time.  Maybe I've just had enough good things happen in my world to heal some old wounds.

Let's see, where to start with the items of note in my world?  In 2014...
- I've continued working with the church youth group and they've truly moved me.  To be missed by teenagers!  They're fantastic young adults and I enjoy my time with them.
- Much like last year, I only had one 'first date' - but it's become something so much more.  It has transformed a long time friend, someone I've known for a long time to be a good guy, into my guy.  This is good, this is very good.
- Worthy of its own bullet but closely tied to the previous one - I've met parents that seem to truly like me.  It doesn't feel like walking on egg shells, they seem to just care if their son is happy and that I'm making an attempt to make/keep him happy and not about their own agenda.  THIS is distinctly different from others in the past.  It seems so foreign and odd, but I could definitely get use to it.
- I was fortunate enough to travel on Allure, Vision, and Quantum of the seas.  The first being the newest ship in the fleet prior to Quantum being delivered and our make up cruise for the fire sailing last year.  The second being the place where friendships changed for the better.  The last being a brand new ship, on which I was on like her 5th sailing.  I also crossed the 200 point mark with Crown and Anchor on my last night onboard!
- My dear friend Beff also found a guy who is treating her well and shows true potential.  It's twice as amazing to be blessed with love at the same time one of your best friends finds the same.
- Vixen turned 15 and looks on point to make it to 16!
- The mortgage?  She'd done.  While it's only been a couple of months, this has allowed me to start putting more away for rainy days.
- I took off 20 lbs this year (it's only one size, but it's a good thing).  There was a lot of hard work behind this, but again, I had some amazing motivation to do so.  I feel a lot better, that's for sure.
- I finished that 5k that I wanted to do before I turned 40.

What do I need to change in my world for 2015?
- I need to find a way to grow my skills again.  Someday I'll need to change jobs and what I've been doing will not help ensure my success there.
- I need to keep working on the weight and diet but moreso to make a permanent change, so I don't allow myself to fluctuate drastically upwards again.
- I need to eliminate irrational fears.  The sins of the (people of the) past do not apply to those in my present and I refuse to allow them to ruin any more of my days than they already did.  This is an evolution and a process, one that can never be contained by one time frame.
- I guess I'm going to need to come to terms with hitting a milestone birthday.  I know I won't be thrilled about it, but at this point I suspect I'll take it better than I did 30.

No comments: