Friday, November 14, 2014

I'm at a moody point, so I'll admit this ridiculousness actually has me on the verge of tears.  This morning I swear the world is against me.  The snow started yesterday and continued very lightly through the night.  We don't even have an inch... but it has completely crippled my household.

I was to take the girls to the kennel this morning, so I jumped the Durango and loaded them up.  Needing to jump it was not a huge surprise since it turned so cold, but still a pain in my ass.  As I was putting Vixen in I saw the one light flickering a little, it caught my eye, but I didn't think much of it until it died again,  It was nice enough to wait until I finished cleaning it off completely though, so thanks for that.  Great, alternator, right?  The electrical bullshit w/ the car infuriates me to no end.  This started when the automatic starter went in and didn't go away even after I had them take that module out, but the module removal did at least stop it from needing jumped if not run every other day.  I knew that was a gift I shouldn't have accepted, but I felt obligated.  Isn't that the story of my life - doing things to try and make other people happy and still failing to do so.

Ok.  Must march forward, right?  So, with apprehension because it is not made for winter weather, I load the dogs into the Tib (note this means that now there is fur all through that car too).  I made it as far as the Long John Silvers and turned around.  Yeah, that thing simply cannot go anywhere in even the smallest amount of snow and slop.  I was sliding and spinning trying to get onto Scalp.

Now I'm back at the house.  Carmens can look at the Durango on Monday, so in the mean time I guess I need to get it towed there.  The Tib has an appointment on Monday as well for the window that stopped working, but at the evil dealership.

I guess I'm not going to work.  I'm definitely not taking the dogs to the kennel or going about my planned weekend w/ my favorite Egg (that's the part that makes me the saddest). I've been fretting about the winter coming and worrying about safe travels, turns out I can't even try to travel.  I hate Johnstown.  I hate the winter.  I hate snow.  I am not ready for 4 months of not being able to plan to do anything.

No comments: