Sunday, June 08, 2014

Why why why am I awake?  I had quite they busy day yesterday so you'd think I'd still be curled up all comfy cozy in my bed.  I was up early on Saturday scooping the yard and sweeping fur and scrubbing floors in the basement.  There was other cleaning to cross off of the list and then it was time to sit for a few at the salon where I got a long overdue pedicure.  A spot of lunch and back home for a little more cleaning before changing clothes and catching a ride with my Aunt and Uncle to Altoona for another Aunt's surprise 80th birthday party.

When I was little most of my cousins were 7-18 years older than me.  As you can imagine I wasn't one they hung out with etc.  I've often been a bit jealous to see posts on facebook noting that some of them got together.  They say your first friends in life are your cousins, and I did spend some time with one or two, moreso the one closest to my age, but you know how that goes when there is such an age difference with most.  So last night to get asked by a cousin what I was doing after, and telling me they were doing a bonfire?  How awesome.  Too bad I rode down with family and needed to get back up the hill, but I'm to let him know the next time I'll be down for an evening.  Getting in around 9:30 and not hitting bed until I could barely hold my head up any longer... again, I repeat why am I awake right now?

I need to note that on Friday night I had dinner with the same Aunt and Uncle and made a batch of brownies in my new pan - a bit of an experiment really creating a smores brownie.  While they looked like hell, they were delightful.

No comments: