Saturday, June 21, 2014

It has been a while, but I have a good excuse.  As you can probably guess, I was out to sea yet again.  This time we headed out on June 8th to Fort Lauderdale by way of Baltimore.  Spent the night at the same hotel as this past January and had a better experience since there was only two ships leaving that day instead of 4 or 5.

We got to Vision of the Seas bright and shiny on June 9th with no issues and got ourselves acquainted with our room.  The prices were right when booking, so we ended up with another aft balcony (extra large balcony) which is awesome since there was three of us (Beff, Eggs, and I).  The slightly creepy factor (at least judging by a few of the workers faces when we noted this fact to them) was that we were back in the same room number that we had on Grandeur when she caught fire (also an aft balcony, but a junior suite there rather than a balcony stateroom).

Overall this trip was more about relaxing than many before it have been.  It was a 10 nighter with three and a half sea days and a unique itinerary that this ship is only doing three times.  Of course the activities during the sea days weren't as frequent as they have been on other trips too, so that helped, but none of us (especially not me) minded the naps that we were able to take.

Our first stop, on the 11th, was in Charleston, SC where we headed out and to the ferry to go to the USS Yorktown.  Along side of her was an old submarine and the USS Laffey.  After returning to the peninsula we walked along Market Street and did a little window shopping at the booths before stopping at Kaminsky's for a delightful treat.  From there a quick walk down along Rainbow Row and it was time to head back to the ship.  A great visit, but it was rather warm that day.

From there we headed back to Bermuda once again.  In the near two full days we had there (3pm on the 13th through 6:30pm on the 15th)we did a little shopping, visited Spittal Pond, and went to the Keep right there at King's Wharf.  I'm pretty sure it was the end of the day out on the island on the 14th that Eggs surprised the heck out of me, but that's all I have to say about that.

On to Nassau Bahamas where we took the jitney to Ardastra Gardens (which has been on my to do list for quite a while).  It was okay, not awesome, but I'm glad we went.  Of course, we had to stop at Sr Frogs for a quick sippy sippy too.

Then to close out at Cococay, which we shockingly made it to - even with Beff along!  (You see, until this trip she was 0 for 2 on getting there whereas I was 100% success when I went w/o her.  I do believe the place has a curse and it came for her.  Shortly after arriving a bird crapped on her and at lunch they attacked her plate like vultures.

Our table mates were once again all awesome folks, so we made even more new friends for future cruises (I hope).  I guess I need to get planning for the next one.

No comments: