Friday, June 06, 2014

I find it crazy that Verizon is trying to accuse Netflixs of giving them a black eye.  As a customer who does NOT use Netflix I can tell you that I wouldn't expect it to actually work, so why bother?  There is no way w/ my .5 / 1.1 connection that I'd get a decent stream.  If I want to watch a youtube video I pause it and allow it to load for a while before starting it.  Plus the connection doesn't stay up, often when I come home I have to turn the router off and back on again, and sometimes it just stops suddenly during use as it did last night, requiring another reboot.

I logged into my account to look at something this morning and was met with an advertisement embedded within for RedBox, which makes me laugh, touché?
 
The sad part is my options for DSL, since I don't have cable are:  Verizon, Verizon, or Verizon.  Heck, even my DirecTV no longer offers their own service but will does offers a bundle with - yep, you guessed it!  Why can't we get competition to service the area as well?

No comments: